The Unit Sport of the European Commission took the initiative for a meeting that took place on the 14th of January 2016 in Brussels with following persons attending:
• Yves Le Lostecque, Head of Sport Unit
• Roland Farkas, Policy Assistant at Sport Unit
• Guy Jaouen (FRA), president ETSGA
• Wolfgang Baumann (GER), president Tafisa – representative project ‘Recall’
• Vasiliki Ypsilanti (GRE), director Dimofelia Kavala – representative project ‘Europe is our playground’
• Hein Comeyne (BEL), director VlaS – representative project ‘SETS’
These representatives of four European projects for the promotion of traditional games and sports were invited to discuss the future of TSG in Europe. The president of the European Traditional Sports and Games Association (jugaje.com) was also invited.
This meeting was not about the new call for TSG-projects to be entered May this year. Topic of the meeting was to discuss the future of traditional sports in Europe. It convinces us that good cooperation possibilities lie before us in the near future.
Following this meeting Tafisa took the initiative to start preparing a new TSG-project in the 2016 call for ‘small collaborative partnerships’. Aim of the project would be to prepare further European cooperation, as a sort of TSG-platform. VlaS will participate in this project as an active partner.